Thursday, May 8, 2008

quick thought

So...mangoes in London? I thought it was not possible, but after dinner tonight I stand corrected. Globalisation has made it possible. We had mangoes, as well as strawberries and grapes which are NOT native to this frigid country of the north. I have to say even though they traveled so long to get to my plate in London, they didn't taste as well as they could if they had stayed in the warm Tropic climate. Globalisation might give you a taste of the world, but it probably won't be the best one.

2 comments:

sash said...

HI, I just caught up on all your blogs since I left Texas. --That is great you are taking a drawing class, you will get better just need to practice everyday.--Your pictures are great-i love them!--I guess you need a wet suit to go swimming. --Utah has a few days in the 70's so much better than snow. love you chantelle

Camille said...

Awesome mangoes! Remember all the mangoes that fell on the floor in Paraguay? Peace out dude have a good day tommorow.