Tuesday, April 29, 2008

settling in

Right now its about 7:30 in the morning and I'm sitting in the Centre's library on the ground floor. I think the sun came up at around 5:30. Some of the students are out running in Hyde Park. I don't consider myself a runner but I think sometime I'll have to succumb to the romance of running in the middle of London, and join them. I fell completely rejuvenated after last night's rest and ready for the new day. I woke up about 6:00 this morning and decided I would get in the shower and read my scriptures in the main room of the house before everyone else got up. My room is on the fifth floor which means that I pass all the girl's dorms as I head down. Everything is the house squeaks and creeks at the slightest touch, and especially the stairs. I decided to use the shower that is upstairs next to our room. So far, I am not a fan of London plumbing. The toilet needs multiple flushings and the shower stall is not made for anyone of normal adult size. To wash my hair I had to bend my legs as if I were doing squats. Today I plan on heading to the center of the city to King's Cross station to buy a day ticket to Paris sometime in June. Then myself and other members of the group will go on a walk through the city. As an entire group we will go this afternoon to see the musical Wicked, and then after that, whatever we feel like.

3 comments:

sash said...

Have you found out yet if anyone likes to work out swimming? How many hours are you ahead? I have a couple more days in the sun until I head north. Love you

Camille said...

Sounds awesome, all very Londonesque, I love that "romance of running" you can do a run/walk. Change your settings so that anyone can leave a comment switching it to Name/URL. I gave everyone you address. We are living through you man!

P.S Squats are good for you.

Road Guy Rob said...

"Centre" .... "CENTRE"!!!

Oh no, you're already becoming a Brit.

Hey, can you listen to Capital 95.8 on the radio there?

- Rob